Box 7 Ministries is led by believers in Christ who are also passionate about the marching music arts. Our vision is that staff would be directly serving a drum corps organization or locally mentoring drum corps members and leaders. Curious about how to become a partner with this ministry? More information here.
Central Box 7 Staff
Our full-time staff are supported and employed through our partner organization, Reliant Mission.
Evan Woods Executive Director of Box 7 Ministries
- Evan grew up in Ohio and graduated from Abilene Christian University in Abilene, Texas, with a music education degree and business minor. He lives in Denton, Texas, and has participated in church-based training programs for discipleship, missions, church history, and theology. He is part of Singing Oaks Church of Christ as well as Hope Fellowship Denton, a college-focused church that meets near the University of North Texas.
- In DCI, Evan has most recently worked for Music City Drum Corps and Legends in administrative consultant roles. Before that, he worked at Carolina Crown from 2012-2016, in roles of brass instruction, communications, and administration. He marched the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps in 2004 and 2006, then worked for Crossmen in 2008-2011 as the assistant tour director and volunteer coordinator. He started the Drum Corps Food Network on Facebook. Since 2008, he has worked with the Marcus High School Marching Band in Flower Mound, Texas. He also taught for 3 years with the band at Liberty Christian School in Argyle, Texas.
Karl Koemmpel Associate Director
- Karl is from Bremerton, Washington and graduated from Central Washington University, where he studied music and was active as a leader with the Chi Alpha campus ministry. He began raising support in the fall of 2014 to work with Box 7. In August 2015, he moved to Denton, TX to finish raising support and begin full-time ministry focused on evangelism, discipleship, and training leaders at the University of North Texas. He completed the Denton Bible Church men’s theology training program in 2016, and is now involved with Hope Fellowship Church Denton as a home church for DCI students connected to Box 7.
- In DCI, Karl teaches visual and marching. For 2018 and 2019, he is with Blue Stars. He will also work with the 2019 Madison Scouts visual staff. He taught at the Crossmen for 2014-2017. Me marched mellophone with Seattle Cascades from 2010-2011 and then Blue Devils in 2012, aging out in 2013. He has experience teaching with high school band programs on the west coast, and enjoys performing on french horn.
Partnership Staff (Future)
Partnership Staff with Box 7 are full-time or part-time staff for other churches, college, or high school ministries. Partnership Staff will generally have experience in the marching music arts and serve actively in outreach and discipleship for young adults in DCI, WGI, or other marching music groups in their community.
Central Volunteer Roles
We are currently reforming volunteer roles, both local and remote for Box 7. If you are interested to learn more, please contact us at [email protected]
Alicia Conrad Women’s Ministry Resources
- Alicia was on staff with Box 7 from 2012-2016 and now works full-time for RightNow Ministries in McKinney, TX as a content writer.
- Alicia is from Sioux Falls, South Dakota and graduated from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. She now lives in Dallas, Texas and is member of The Village Church, having served as a sponsor in the Recovery program, and completed the church’s Theological Training Program.
- Alicia taught the 2013-2015 seasons on the Visual Staff at Phantom Regiment. She marched trumpet at Phantom Regiment from 2005-2008, then served as an assistant tour director in 2010 and 2011. She has been a marching technician at the Marcus High School Marching Band in Flower Mound, Texas. As an elementary music teacher, Alicia taught in Richardson ISD and Northwest ISD. She was also a cast member in the 2008 Japan tour of Odyssey: Brass Angels.
Box 7 Staff Are Supported Through:
Reliant partners with missional churches and Gospel-centered nonprofits to mobilize support-based missionaries for the Great Commission.
Reliant is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization for missions employment and approved by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
Board of Directors for Box 7 Ministries
Our mission: to resonate the good news of Jesus Christ through the people of drum corps for all of life.
We have begun the process of revising vision and strategy for Box 7 Ministries. Our board will be restructured, and we are recruiting new people to be involved in advisory or board positions.
The main need of our board and advisory team is expertise in building an agile, healthy organization that is focused on national impact of service and disciple-making through the relationships of drum & bugle corps.
If you are interested in getting know more about Box 7 and serving in some capacity for the organization, please send an email to [email protected]